Working in social work offers a rewarding, meaningful and challenging profession with a diversity of roles working with children and adults. Our partnership is committed to supporting and developing our social workers through out the life course of their profession. This includes offering:
- An accredited Assessed Supported Year in Employment (ASYE) enhanced by teaching partnership ASYE training and support;
- High quality CPD programme including accredited modules, the opportunity to undertake practice based research and learn from internally renowned academics;
- High quality masterclass programme tailored to local practice issues or local methods of assessment and intervention;
- Opportunity to develop your skills as a practice educator or through delivering sessions on academic courses.
Our partnership includes four very diverse local authorities which can offer Social Workers the opportunity to work in a variety of settings – from urban to rural – each offers its own rewards and challenges. Please browse our local vacancies or follow links to the relevant recruitment site. For helpful tips and advice on applying for your first role in social work and making the transition to your Assessed Supported Year in Employment, watch this short film.
Link to LA recruitment sites
- Calderdale Council – Working in Social Care
- Kirklees Council – Social work jobs and training
- City of York Council – Jobs
- North Yorkshire County Council – Jobs and careers
Careers in Social Care
Social care offers lots of rewarding careers, with many different job roles and opportunities for progression. Social Work is just one of those roles. You may want to work in the care sector but are unsure what your options are. You may be unsure if you want to work with adults or children. Find out more about a career in social care.