Social work practice educator consultants
Social work practice educator consultants play a key role in supporting our social work students.
“Since the valuable introduction of the PEC I have felt very well supported” Practice Educator, Kirklees Council
Local authorities within the partnership have employed Practice Educator Consultants (PECs) who are leading work to:
- Develop new placement opportunities in teams and agencies with little prior experience of offering placements;
- Manage student allocations and inductions;
- Quality assure placements to deliver the best practice placement experience to all social work students;
- Create resources to support Practice Educators and students;
- Work with universities on co-design and co-delivery of the practice education course;
- Support Social Workers to refresh their practice education skills;
- Contribute to training and development for Practice Educators.
If you would like to find out more about the Practice Educator role and the training available within the partnership – including refreshing your PE qualification – please contact your local Practice Educator Consultant or Workforce Development Team.
- Kirklees Adults – Ruth Cooling Ruth.Cooling@kirklees.gov.uk
- Kirklees Children’s – Caroline Money Caroline.Money@kirklees.gov.uk
- City of York Adults – Sue Newton Sue.firstname.lastname@example.org
- City of York Children’s – Lesley Furnival Lesley.email@example.com
- Calderdale Children’s – Katy Hamer Katy.Hamer@calderdale.gov.uk