Leading the way in support and development
Social work practice educator consultants play a key role in supporting our social work students and those with a practice education role.
“Since the valuable introduction of the PEC I have felt very well supported” Practice Educator, Kirklees Council
Local authorities within the partnership have employed Practice Educator Consultants (PECs) who are leading work to:
- Develop new placement opportunities in teams and agencies with little prior experience of offering placements;
- Manage student allocations and inductions;
- Quality assure placements to deliver the best practice placement experience to all social work students;
- Create resources to support Practice Educators and students;
- Work with universities on co-design and co-delivery of the practice education course;
- Support Social Workers to refresh their practice education skills;
- Contribute to training and development for Practice Educators.
Click here to read more about the role and hear from 2 of our PECs on what motivated them to work as a PEC, the work they’re doing and the difference it’s making to students and Social Workers.
Read our guide to learn more about the different roles involved in supporting student placements and the training and support available to placement providers.
To discuss any of the Practice Educator Roles detailed in the guide or to register your interest for training please contact your local Practice Educator Consultant or Workforce Development Team.
- North Yorkshire – Janet Cox Janet.Cox@northyorks.gov.uk
- Kirklees Adults – Helen Wheat Helen.Wheat@kirklees.gov.uk
- Kirklees Children’s – Caroline Money Caroline.Money@kirklees.gov.uk
- City of York Adults – Sue Newton Sue.email@example.com
- City of York Children’s – Lesley Furnival Lesley.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Calderdale Children’s – Carly Johnson Carly.Johnson@calderdale.gov.uk
- Calderdale Adults – Sarah Harlow Sarah.Harlow@calderdale.gov.uk
Find out more about all the continuous professional development available to our Social Workers.