We want Social Workers to enjoy their jobs, feel supported and have opportunities to progress and specialise in their chosen area of practice. We are committed to developing your social work skills and experience, through a culture of continuous learning where Social Workers are inspired through their learning and can inspire others.
To achieve this we have developed a continuous professional development programme for social workers within the partnership that compliments the existing provision offered by employers.
Continuous professional development
Our CPD programme aims to:
- Provide development opportunities at different stages during your Social Worker career;
- Support Newly Qualified Social Workers through an accredited Assessed & Supported Year in employment programme;
- Offer a range of accredited options to strengthen professional practice skills, practice learning capabilities and support research informed practice;
- Offer accredited training for new or aspiring social work managers;
- Support practitioners to meet proposed government plans for assessment and accreditation.
The programme is a blend of accredited modules, enhanced unaccredited short courses and masterclasses specifically designed to develop your social work skills.
Academics, Principal Social Workers and Service Managers are working closely within the partnership to develop further learning opportunities for you. Please keep checking the website and follow us on Twitter for updates.
Explore our latest brochure and the following pages to find out what is currently on offer.
For any queries about the Teaching Partnership CPD programme please contact your local workforce development team:
- Calderdale Council: WFD.SocialWork@calderdale.gov.uk
- City of York Council: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kirklees Council: email@example.com
See Events for the latest CPD event dates and availability.