We want Social Workers to enjoy their jobs, feel supported and have opportunities to progress and specialise in their chosen area of practice. We are committed to developing your social work skills and experience, through a culture of continuous learning where Social Workers are inspired through their learning and can inspire others.
To achieve this we offer social workers a continuous professional development programme, short courses, events, masterclasses and research informed opportunities that compliment the existing provision offered by employers.
Continuous professional development programme
Our CPD programme aims to:
- Provide development opportunities at different stages during your Social Worker career;
- Support Newly Qualified Social Workers through an accredited Assessed & Supported Year in employment programme;
- Offer a range of accredited options to strengthen professional practice skills, practice learning capabilities and support research informed practice;
- Offer accredited training for new or aspiring social work managers;
- Support practitioners to meet proposed government plans for assessment and accreditation.
Explore our 2023-24 CPD brochure and the following pages to find out what is currently on offer.
Short Courses and Events
Social Workers can also access a variety of short courses and events specifically designed to develop social work skills. See Events for the latest dates and availability.
Academics, Principal Social Workers and Service Managers are working closely within the partnership to develop further learning opportunities for you. Please keep checking the website and follow us on Twitter for updates.
In case you missed it you can now view many of the Past Events and access all related resources.
Research Informed Practice
Our partnership seeks to bring together theory and practice to best support frontline social workers.
The aim is to help make research more accessible to social work students and practitioners. Visit Research Informed Practice for a range of opportunities and resources available.
Support for you
For any queries about the Teaching Partnership CPD please contact your local workforce development team:
- Calderdale Council: WFD.SocialWork@calderdale.gov.uk
- City of York Council: email@example.com
- Kirklees Council: firstname.lastname@example.org
- North Yorkshire County Council Janet.Cox@northyorks.go.uk