The Yorkshire Urban and Rural Teaching Partnership now has 5 dedicated Practice Educator Consultants in place. Coming from a variety of backgrounds, they are highly skilled social work practitioners leading the way for supporting and developing our social workers across the partnership.
Their aim is to:
- Deliver improvements in practice education,
- Develop placement opportunities in teams and agencies with little prior experience of offering statutory placements,
- Quality assure placements to deliver the best practice placement experience to all social work students;
- Create resources to support Practice Educators and students;
- Support Social Workers to refresh their practice education skills;
- Contribute to training and development for Practice Educators.
If you would like to find out more about the support our Practice Educators can offer and the training available within the partnership, please get in touch with them directly (via the emails detailed below) or check out Develop with Us.
- Kirklees Adults – Ruth Cooling Ruth.Cooling@kirklees.gov.uk
- Kirklees Children’s – Caroline Money Caroline.Money@kirklees.gov.uk
- City of York Adults – Sue Newton email@example.com
- City of York Children’s – Lesley Furnival firstname.lastname@example.org
- Calderdale Children’s – – Katy Hamer Katy.Hamer@calderdale.gov.uk