All Social Workers within Adult’s Services in:
- Calderdale Council
- Kirklees Council
- City of York Council
- North Yorkshire County Council
The aim of this masterclass is to support participants in their social work with adults by listening to, giving them an opportunity to share, their views, ideas and experience about:
- the current state of social work with adults
- the problems creating barriers to good practice
- the viewpoints of the diverse population of adult service users
- the knowledge that they have to offer
- It will also focus on the situations facing social work practitioners and the value of first person knowledge more broadly, including their own.
Peter Beresford is a Professor of Citizen Participation at the University of Essex, a long term user of mental health services, and Co-Chair of the service user and disabled people’s organization and network Shaping Our Lives (https://www.shapingourlives.org.uk/).
The main focus of his work has been on people having a say and involvement in their lives, and over the support and services they receive. He has a longstanding involvement in supporting the involvement of service users – and practitioners – as an educator, researcher, writer and activist.
This event is free to attend but please ensure you seek your managers permission before booking.
Spaces will be allocated pro-rata therefore we may contact you after booking if the allocation for your local authority has already been reached.
Please note that lunch will not be provided.
Leeds LS1 3AD