This is a fantastic opportunity for the postholder to support in readiness for the implementation of social care reforms and review the current policy and procedures. The Policy and Procedure Officer will act as an essential link and coordinator with a commissioned provider. The role will revise, update, and ensure that the policies and practice of the Directorate are clear, consistent, and compliant with key legislation. The postholder will coordinate the process going forward and then provide periodic updates as necessary with input from Policy Partners.
||PO6 – 9, SCP32 – 35, £36,371 to £39,571 per annum
You will be required for a minimum of 3 years to implement and embed all relevant policies and procedures in accordance with future Social Care Reform, the Council’s standards and Directorate priorities. This role will be supported by a range of staff across the directorate to ensure policies are complemented by the right procedures/staff guidance. This will include partnership working with the current system review.
• A robust set of policies to ensure consistent practice in line with relevant legislation.
• Work with commissioned provider to develop an online site with comprehensive content covering policy, procedure and practice guidance for front line staff and managers.
• Ensure appropriate links between the policy portal and the work on connecting digital platforms.
• Link and interdependencies with a new social care IT system and how this will enhance legally compliant practice and direct staff to appropriate policies to support their functions.
• Ensure the Project Group that will oversee this are provided with regular updates to share with the Directorate Leadership Team.
As the role is relatively established and there will be further opportunity to evolve and shape the role around priorities.
What we are proud to offer:
• Committed to providing our workforce with exceptional levels of support, from a comprehensive induction through to continuous personal and professional development. We provide and encourage you to make the most of the high-quality opportunities we offer.
• We have approachable and supportive managers who have an open door, and are willing to listen; we’re experienced professionals, we all pull together to support each other and share our expertise.
• Offer a generous annual leave entitlement with an additional 5 days after 5 years' service and enrolment into the local government pension scheme.
• We have excellent technology and equipment that enables you to connect and collaborate from anywhere. You can expect flexible working conditions with a mix of office and home-based work.