We’re Kirklees – Come and Join our team
We’re on an ambitious journey and looking for passionate and committed social workers to join our teams which are already transforming our children and young people services.
Our last Ofsted monitoring visit in December 2018 highlighted the progress stating “the local authority has made significant progress in improving its initial response to children and young people who need help and protection. Improvement is gathering pace and there is now increasing focus on quality as well as ensuring that statutory compliance is met.” We are not complacent and continue our hard work on our improvement plan to ensure that we offer the best service to children and families in Kirklees.
Our progress so far is clear;
- Our partnership with Leeds City Council, a national Partner in Practice, is flourishing and has added strength and stability to the way we work.
- The social work teams are now close to full complement and all leadership and management posts are filled with permanent staff.
- Investment in Advanced Practitioners is providing more support for social workers and more focus on developing practice.
- Working in locality teams and building effective relationships with partners.
- A remuneration package which reflects the challenges of the role.
|Salary||£30,507 - £38,813 (plus an annually reviewed Market Rate Supplement of £1,500 for Level 3 Social Workers and Senior Practitioners)|
We are currently recruiting experienced social workers. We have vacancies in both our locality based Assessment and Intervention teams and our Looked After Children teams.
Our Offer to You
We are pioneering a Restorative Practice approach to social work which involves innovation and locality working with high quality relationships at the heart of our approach. You will work with manageable caseloads and we will ensure that you have high-quality professional development and receive high standards of induction, supervision and management.
We have a bespoke learning and development offer at all levels of social work allowing you access to professional development opportunities enabling you to develop and progress your career. Our well-established career structure also supports us to develop our own managers and leaders.
For more information or to have an informal discussion please call 01484 221000 and ask for Charlotte Jackson for Assessment and Intervention or Julie Bragg for Looked After Children.
Please indicate in your application which team you would prefer.
To apply please follow the link above to the Kirklees website and complete the online application form.